Tuesday, June 2, 2015

My All Time Favorite Place To Enjoy Lunch!




Today has been a great day on my Vermont Vacation. I completed my first bike ride of this trip. I rode to Sandy's Books and Bakery located 4 miles south from the Gathering Inn. Despite the weather conditions less then ideal for a June 2nd day. I enjoyed the bike ride and a very nice herbal tea at Sandy's. Alos I got to say hello to Sandy. The nice lady and proprietor of this excellent Vermont location to relax and enjoy some tasty and healthy food. I also got to say hello to Amanda. One of the regular staff at Sandy's who does a great job. Keeping a successful local business running smoothly!

After completing the 8 mile bike ride back to the Gathering Inn. I got cleaned up and set out for part two of my adventure today. Part 2 of my day began with lunch at the "Warren Store" located in the idyllic village of Warren, Vt. The sandwiches that are prepared fresh at the Warren Store are very good. No 5 star restaurant can match the wonderful atmosphere created by Vermont. While you enjoy your meal, sitting out on there deck and just taking all of the incredibly beautiful sights and sounds all in. Warren has never failed to leave me in a pure state of joy, after I have enjoyed a meal there. As meteor Jimmy Buffett would say. "It is the kind of medicine no Doctor could ever prescribe"!

Then I traveled onto the city of Burlington. For some relaxation at Battery Park overlooking Lake Champlain and the Adirondack Mountains. The views from this vantage point are fantastic! This continued to put me in a very mellow state of mind. I walked through the unique pedestrian shopping district located in downtown Burlington. Which was designed Bill Truex. This unique pedestrian shopping district is designed after the shopping area in Copenhagen, Denmark. I shopped and dined in one of my favorite Burlington Restaurants, "The Asian Noodle House". It has been a great day!

Video shot today from Warren-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXC6btCw230

Please click on the photos below for proper viewing.







No comments:

Post a Comment