Sunday, June 7, 2015

The Flea Market in Waterbury!

Today was the final full day of my late Spring adventure in Vermont. I only continue to have wonderful things to say about this extraordinary place!

Travel and my quality time spent in the Green Mountains has been a huge plus for my life. Such quality and amazing times that have been so throughly enjoyed!!!

Beautiful weather prevailed today over the Green Mountains. My mind was made and I headed north on Route 100 the direction going to Stowe. I first stopped to have another visit at the Warren Store for a delicious cup of coffee and a few snacks.

Then driving along 100 just after I got out of Waitsfield. I found a huge Church garage sale. It was fun stopping off to have a look. Picked up a few more CD's of wonderful music and a couple other neat items. Then continued north to Waterbury. I stopped at an interesting garage sale. That had some obscure items. That you don't expect to see selling at a garage sale. For example original propaganda items from China. I didn't purchase any of the interesting items that were there. I didn't have much cash on me, and was still looking forward to see what I would find at the Flea Market.

I arrived at the Flea Market. On this gorgeous Vermont Day. Huge amounts of vender's, and a big crowd of eager customers. Lots of interesting items were found during my visit. I have to say I made an very rare purchase. I purchased an original NYC Subway Sign from the old Subway Stop at Shea Stadium. Lots of sports history were part of the life of Shea Stadium. The home of the "Miracle Mets" in 1968 and "Cinderella Jets" winning the Super Bowel lead by Joe Namath also in 1968.

I am going to really enjoy this little piece of what use to be a part of Shea! Shea Stadium was closed and demolished in 2008. I have included some photos.

The Subway Stop stills exisits and was renamed "Mets-Willets Point" and serves the new Baseball Stadium for the NY Mets "Citi Field".

No comments:

Post a Comment