Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Searching for Treasure in Bethel






Today was another special day in my life, enjoying the "Green" way o f life in the State of Vermont! The special appeal and beauty of Vermont is very impressive. Being surrounded by nothing but different shades of green. Really helps to relax a person's mind. To make you realize and to remind a person. What is really important for you to really enjoy your life.

Enjoying the luxury to be on paid vacation leave. Has be a huge benefit to my life! Giving me the chance to enjoy living in such of a wondrous place like Vermont. Living in your normal situation in your normal life. Can become so tedious and really have negative results on your mind and body. So having the chance to take a break and putting yourself in a exciting and relaxing place can be so beneficial.

Today the weather finally improved dramatically. The rain and clouds moved away. Leaving a bright blue sky and bright sunshine over the the "Green Mountain State". Which really made the lush green of this fantastic place, even appear more impressive then usual. Also two days of rain contributed greatly to this beautiful display of nature!

The wonderful situation today in Vermont. Inspired me to enjoy 16 miles of riding my Raleigh Bike. First south Rochester from the Gathering Inn. Then north to Gransville and back again to the Gathering Inn.

After my bike rides. I set out exploring for treasure. I drove the Rochester Gap, heading east. To arrive in the sleepy town of Bethel. Located there is a thrift shop. No fantastic finds were found on this day. But the enjoyment of the search will always be a fun source of entertainment for me. I did manage to find and purchase the floor lamp for Kathleen that she was hoping for.

Dinner was a special treat to tonight. As a great meal was enjoyed the members of the U.S. Biathlon. Who have been staying at the Gathering Inn for the last two nights. The team as part of there training for there demanding sport. They cycle in the summer months in preparation for there completions that take place in the winner. They went on two marathon bike rides through the gaps in the near by Green Mountains. The first ride was 95 miles and today ride was was 45 miles. It was nice to meet them and I wish them well for success in there sport!

I have included in this post. Some photos that I shot today while visiting the village of Bethel, and from my two bike rides from this morning.












No comments:

Post a Comment