Friday, June 5, 2015

Riding West on "Middlebury Gap"

For my late afternoon bike ride. I was inspired by the U.S. Biathlon Team for my choice. The U.S. Biathlon Team who are currently in serious training for there sport which takes place in winter. Biathlon combines shooting at targets and cross country skiing. Endurance and skill are both mandatory to do well in this sport.

The U.S. Biathlon Team spent two days biking in the heart of The Green Mountains. Including the "Gaps" roadways that transverse the mountains. Most of these roads are very step in sections, and require strong and athletic talent to be able to make the grade!

I have never attempted to ride through any of the Gaps. Just satisfied to enjoy the leisurely rides on Vermont Route 100. However my choice this afternoon was to ride west on Middlebury Gap (Rte 125) 3 1/2 miles to get to Texas Falls from the Gathering Inn. The ride to the roadway leading into Texas Falls is not that step. The roadway begins to climb after that point. The hardest part of the ride for me. Was peddling up the road leading visitors to to Texas Falls.

The ride back down Rte. 125 to the Gathering Inn was a fairly easy ride. I have even more respect for the cyclists that have the physical ability to ride up and over the gaps located here in Vermont. It is no easy job!

I have included my photos and a small video taken of Texas Falls today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5uOYvfsZEw


Total Bike Mileage for the day; 15

No comments:

Post a Comment