Wednesday, February 15, 2017

A Drive West on 380 and A Cheeseburger in Paradise!




Photos from the "Valley of Fires"

I left the town of Alamogordo this morning. Setting out to visit the The Karl G. Jansky Very Large Array. I had my route selected. I would travel Northbound on highway 54.Which would take me to the town of Carrizozo. I did stop and take some photos from the "Valley of Fires". Where you will see the evidence of an ancient volcanic eruption. From their I would take highway 380 west to the town of San Antonio. I would enjoy a Cheeseburger in Paradise New Mexican style at the famed "Longhorn Tavern". Then I would travel onward to the "VLA".







Photos from the drive!

This drive was another example why they call this place "Land of Enchantment". In my opinion it is the combination of the amazing desert scenery combined with the mountains that are located all over the U.S. State of New Mexico. Also another factor in the equation is quiet and the peaceful conditions that a bit part of what cremates the "Land of Enchantment". I have included some photos of the drive today.

I also have included my visit to have lunch, in this post. To the most favorite burger  place located in New Mexico. The place is called "The Buckhorn Tavern. The Buckhorn Tavern is very famous for it's Green Chili Cheeseburger. This popular New Mexican eatery is located in the tiny town of San Antonio. The Burkhorn Tavern has certainly put the town of San Antonio on the map of New Mexico. I enjoyed a Buckhorn Cheeseburger topped in barbecue sauce. Instead of the "Green Chili". I still have not acquired the taste for hot and spicy food yet.












No comments:

Post a Comment