Sunday, February 5, 2017

My Drive to Taos!


My rented Kia Rio.




Looking at the Taos Mountains.

An intimate look at The Rio Grande!

Today was a great day on my New Mexico Adventure! After enjoying breakfast at the Santa Fe Hostel. I took off for the mountain town of Taos. The weather here in New Mexico has become absolutely beautiful! Just what I was praying for. Perpetual sunshine and warm and dry days. Not a cloud to be seen anywhere!!!

The town of Taos is located about about 70 miles north of Santa Fe. It was an exciting drive. After about 30 miles from Santa Fe. You now enter the Rio Grande Gorge. Where highway highway 68 becomes a curving two lane road hugging the Rio Grande River. As you increase elevation to finally arrive in the historic and idyllic town of Taos!

After I arrived and found a free public parking lot. I walked into town to check it out. Very quaint and special little town. A must to experience on a visit to the "Land of Enchantment". I found a great place to enjoy lunch! And yes I got to enjoy eating my lunch outside on this fabulous February 5th!!! I dined on a cup of roasted red pepper soup.  A great piece of sausage quiche with a house salad. I was definitely living the perfect life today!

After lunch I headed westbound to check out the "Rio Grande Gorge Bridge". Which is located 10 miles to northwest of Taos. Also a wonderful experience to say the least. I took some great pictures of the bridge and the gorge. Also a return walk across this bridge is a must! And it was a perfect day to do it! The "Rio Grande Gorge Bridge is the 17th highest bridge located in the U.S.A and the 83rd highest in the world!





A part of my great day today my lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment