Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Travelling to South New Mexico






After I enjoyed a very satisfying breakfast made by yours truly. Which included yogurt and cereal, topped with fresh raspberries. Which was all organic! Then I went onto the main part of the breakfast. Which included 8 ounces of freshly cooked hamburger. Fried up by me with a fresh organic green pepper. Oh yes I can't forget the perfectly toasted rye bagel. This is part of the fun of staying at the great hostel located in Santa Fe. Yes most hostels allow their guests. To prepare their own food. In a communal  kitchen. The bonus with this great hostel is all of the free food that is provided to the Santa Fe Hostel from the local Whole Foods Store. I would recommend anyone looking for great a budget accommodation in Santa Fe. To stay at the hostel located there! The Santa Fe hostel can be found at;  1412 Cerrillos Rd, Santa Fe, NM 87505, USA.

 I then departed for the sun and warmth of the southern desert region of New Mexico. The drive went well. I intended to stay in a small townnamed "San Antonio". Which is just south of a much larger New Mexican town named "Socorro". All that can be found in the town of San Antonio is two top rated hamburger restaurants and a gas station. So I enjoyed lunch at the "Buckhorn Tavern". Which is advertised to prepare the 7th best hamburger that can be found in U.S.A. For the record I did not try one of their amazing looking burgers. I enjoyed their "Rio Grande Special". Which consisted of; freshly prepared fries, covered in melted cheese, and a chopped up burger. Then topped with lettuce and tomato and severed with hot and spicy green chili. Being from the North. I have enjoyed the food in New Mexico very much. However I have not acquired a taste for the hot and spicy yet.

I then proceeded to head back to the town of Socorro. Where I found a great place to stay at the 'Econo Lodge" located their. Tomorrow I hope to travel to the "UFO" capital of the world. Which is the New Mexican town of Roswell.



My photos of the historic San Miguel de Socorro.
The Moon shinning over the "Land of Enhancement" tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment