Saturday, February 4, 2017

I Have Arrived In New Mexico!

This photo is from Hartsfield-Jackson Airport located in Atlanta, Georgia.

The travel to get to New Mexico went well. Everything on time and without any problems. It has been a very long time since I have been to the Hartsfield-Jackson Airport located in Atlanta, Georgia. It is the biggest airport for moving people around our world since 1998. This beautiful and efficient airport features it's own Subway System for quickly moving people between the terminal building.

From Atlanta and flying with Delta Airlines. I was now hurling through the sky on an MD 90 on my way to Sunport Airport located in Albuquerque New Mexico. The flight from Atlanta to Albuquerque is a little over 1000 miles and the flying time a little more then 3 hours.

It was good to be on the ground and walking to a bus to take me to pick up my rent a car. The car for me traveling around New Mexico is a Kia Rio. It seems like a nice car and will do a great job on my adventure visiting the "Land of Enchantment". I had a short drive to get the Ranada Hotel located very close to the Albuquerque's Sunport.

After breakfast I found a travel information office located in the old part of Albuquerque. Talked to a friendly lady who was working their. The sun was shinning in a very blue sky. It was time to jump into my Rio and set my Garmin GPS for the capital city of New Mexico which is Santa Fe.

The drive went well to Santa Fe. It is about a 60 mile distance to get from Albuquerque to arrive in Santa Fe. Which is located at 7199 feet above sea level. It is the highest attitude of any State capital city, located in the U.S.A.

I am going to spent a least two nights at the good hostel located in Santa Fe. I got a very nice private room for $35. Today I just have tried to get adjusted to my new surrounding and get over the jet lag. Yes I am now living in "Mountain Time". Which is 2 hours of living life in the Greater Toronto Area!

For my entertainment in the afternoon. I went to visit the Georgina O'Keeffe Museum.Which honors the life and the work of this famous American Artist. Who made the Mountains of Northern New Mexico a place she enjoyed to live in the last part of her life here on Earth!

I have a included a few of my photos.

These 3 pictures are from the plaza located in Old Town in Albuquerque. The final photo is from the 1793 San Felipe de Neri Church.



Driving to Santa Fe.




No comments:

Post a Comment