Saturday, February 11, 2017

A Sunland Day A The Races!


Enjoyed a fun filled day visiting New Mexico's premier racetrack today. Which is Sunland Park. Located right next to the city of El Paso, Texas. Thanks to some good guidance from brother John and some sound reasoning on my part. Contributed to a wining day at the racetrack, today!

Not an easy task when you are betting in a brand new venue. That you have never been to before. I have to admit that Sunland Park is a very good horse racing venue. Just like Santa Anita. Sundland Park has beautiful mountains in behind the racetrack. Also the entire infield of the racetrack is a lake. Which is also very unique.

The weather was picture perfect for my Sunland Day at The Races! In the low 80's and not a cloud in the sky. My day got off to a positive start as I won the opening daily double on the card. The favorite Northern Iowa won the first race and Conquest Nitro won the 2nd race. Giving me a slight profit. Then things quickly changed to negative. After I lost a couple of bets . I sat out a few of the Sundland races. Plus I made a bet on a huge favorite running at Tampa Bay Downs. I had the double going on a 1/5 favorite named "Elate". She got beat putting me further into a whole.

However a wonderful racehorse named "Sharp Azteca". Started my comeback and completely changed my fortunes! Sharp Azteca who has proven to me. That he is one of the best and fastest Thoroughbreds. That I have ever had the pleasure to see race! Sharp Azteca just breezed home to a 5 length victory in the $350,000 Hardacre Mile being run at Gulfstream Park today. Sharp Azteca win gave me a $2 double. Plus I bet $10 to win on him.

I then made a $10 win bet on a horse named "Pecos Breeze". Who had to work very hard to win the 8th race at Sunland. My good luck continued in the 9th and final race run at Sunland. As John had also recommended a horse named "I'll Take The Heat". I made another $10 win bet on him. I'll Take The Heat ran a flawless race. Winning with authority and paying $18.20. I was elated after he won! This gave me a decent winning day at the track! A good day at the track is always fun!



Northern Iowa winner of the 1st race at Sunland Park. Jockey Ry Elkleberry in the saddle.



Sharp Azteca winning the Hardacre Mile at Gulfstream Park today!

Pecos Breeze winner of the 8th race today at Sunland Park. Jockey Jorge Carreno.

The icing on the cake! The winner of the 9th and final race today. I'll Take The Heat. Ridden by Alejandro Medellin.

No comments:

Post a Comment