Sunday, September 15, 2019

Boulder To Breckenridge




                                         On the drive to Breckenridge
After my enjoyed stay in the stylish and comfortable city of Boulder. It was now time to move up into the mountains of Colorado. To spend time in the popular town of Breckenridge.

So I packed my belonging into my vehicle. And set sail for the mountains. The drive went well. I drove through 2 tunnels on route to my destination. My Garmin Nuvi GPS has done a great job for me during the trip.
I have been on more exciting mountain drives. During trips to Arizona, Oregon, and Vermont. It was exciting to drive through the Loveland Pass. My vehicle was just flying at a fast rate of speed. It seemed for miles Without me having to touch the gas pedal.

My GPS expertly guided me to my new accommodation located in the town of Silverthorn, which is located about 10 miles away from the town of Breckenridge.

After I arrived. I couldn't check in until 3pm. So I went sightseeing in the immediate area. Checking out the beautiful surrounding located in Summit County Colorado. I found a beautiful spot overseeing Lake Dillon with views of Breckenridge. After relaxing and taking some photos. I decided to have my first look around Breckenridge.

Breckenridge is a delightful town with lots of happy vibes. Also lots of choices for food. I got a tip on a nice place to eat called "The Blue River Bistro" I enjoyed a great Cobb salad with a cup Chicken Gumbo soup. It was a great lunch!

I couldn't leave town without enjoying a short bike ride on the "Blue River Rec Path". Colorado is proving to be a mecca for cyclists. The bike ride was amazing. I have to take it slow as I am now over 9000 feet above sea level. It is an incredible experience to be here. I have included some photos.


                                     Views of Lake Dillon and Breckenridge to the south.


No comments:

Post a Comment