Friday, September 27, 2019

The Long Way Home






 The Drive out of the "Black Canyon of the Gunnerson National Park"


After enjoying a short but nice visit. To "Black Canyon of  the Gunnerson National Park". I used my old Nuvi Garmin GPS to guide me back to Denver. For my final Air BnB location.

It was a very nice scenic drive out of Black Canyon back to Highway 50. I took Highway 50 east through some very beautiful area that seemed to be not part of living on Planet Earth. This is the Blue Mesa Reservoir area.

Then the drive took me through the Monarch Pass back through the Continental Divide. It took me 7 miles to reach the top of the summit, reaching 11, 312 feet in altitude. I believe the highest I got, during my vacation in Colorado.

Everything went well with the long way back to Denver. Until I reach the city of Denver and I was located less then 10 miles from my final accommodation on the trip. But the bad drivers in Denver delayed my arrival by almost 1 hour. As a nasty car accident delayed my arrival. But the positive was that I had main it safe and sound. I have added a few photos from the drive!






                   Blue Mesa Reservoir Area

No comments:

Post a Comment