Sunday, September 15, 2019

Breckenridge and Biking!




Today was a very unique and enjoyed day on my Colorado adventure. I wanted to attempt a bike ride from the town of Breckenridge to the town of Frisco located 9 miles to the north. The route would be cycling along the "Blue River Recreation Path" that winds away through beautiful Colorado scenery. The tough and difficult part of this very unique ride was that the entire route is located above 9000 feet above sea level.
The advantage for the bike ride. It was a beautiful day, and not too warm or sunny. Also is the fact that the route would be declining in altitude during the route to the town of Frisco. By about 1000 feet.

I first enjoyed another very nice lunch at the Blue River Bistro. This time I enjoyed a very high quality meal of corn beef hash. I defiantly needed some fuel for the task at hand.

Happy to report the bike ride went well. It was enjoyed and got to experience a very special bike ride. I made the decision not to attempt the return trip. I was pretty tired by the end of the journey after arriving in Frisco. I was able to get back to Breckenridge using a public bus which are free to use for all, in this unique and beautiful place.






No comments:

Post a Comment