Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Travel to Durango Via Wolf Creek Pass




The drive to get to the town of Durango was quite the journey. It seemed very ordinary and predictable. I would stop and refuel my rented vehicle in the town of South Fork. Then everything would change dramatically after this point. The surrounding would become very lush with trress. trying to persuade me that I was back in Vermont. Then the road signs were preparing us drivers for what was to come next.
We were approaching the Wolf Creek Pass and the Continental Divide. I was now entering the San Luis Valley into the south-west Colorado. Many switchbacks to combat the 6.8 maximum grades of the road. Would be a challenge for us driving Colorado Route 160 westbound.

In all my traveling. I have driven mountain routes in Oregon, Washing State, California, and Arizona. But I had never encountered anything close to this before. I have included the photos from my experience.




No comments:

Post a Comment