Sunday, September 22, 2019

Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad





A very exciting part of the Colorado Experience was seeing and hearing the old steam locomotives that having transporting supplies and people between Durango and Silverton Colorado since 1881. If I had more time I would of enjoyed to purchase a ticket for th ride.

When I started my drive on the "Million Dollar Highway". I was just driving out of Durango. I noticed some thick black smoke. It look like a bad fire was burning. Then I approached a railway crossing and noticed right away what was causing the thick black smoke.It was my first look at living history. It was the histrionic steam locomotives that was also starting it's journey into the San Juan mountains on it's way to Silverton. I took some photos of this wonderful living history.






Some video I took of the experience! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBCmzjMNepM

No comments:

Post a Comment