Monday, September 16, 2019

"Where Do We Go From Here"?

                                       Lake Dillon near the town of Frisco



I was up early! had a decent night sleep and enjoyed a good breakfast at my accommodation located in Silverthorn. I was organized and left for the town of Leadville. Looking forward to the my day that lies ahead.
I made afew stops along the way trying to capture the beauty of this drive up to arrive in Leadville. Which at 10,200 feet or 3,108 meters is the highest town located in the United States.

The title for this post is dedicated to my musical hero Jimmy Buffet. Who wrote one of his clever and charismatic tunes titled Incommunicado in 1981. The second verse finds Jimmy driving through the Continental  Divide in Colorado, the day John Wayne Died. He then rode into Leadville to enjoy a few beers. To reminisce about John Wayne's great life, and the void now created by his departure!
When on this beautiful day on this vacation. I also rode into Leadville to enjoy one beer! Just enjoying the fact I now had arrived in historic Leadville!

Thanks Jimmy for "Living Your Life Like A Song"






No comments:

Post a Comment