Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Beach- South Padre Island









The weather was very good today. It was sunny and in the mid 60's Fahrenheit. Today was another day of doing what I should be doing. When I have the chance to be living on South Padre Island. Enjoying life on this huge and fantastic beach!!!!

After a good breakfast at the Ramada Hotel. I went for a bike ride down Padre Blvd. To look into any interesting boat cruises I could go on from the island. My destination was the tourist office. I picked up a couple of brochures for some boat cruises which may be interesting for me, during my visit to South Padre Island. I also found an advertising for a charity thrift store located on the island. This might be good. I had to check it out.

I biked back down Padre Blvd. and found the thrift store. There I found a lovely lady, named Mary-Joe who was running the store. I looked around the store looking for the find of the century. I did manage to find; two Elvis Presley cassette tapes, 1 storage bag for a digital camera, and a "Don't Mess With Texas" fridge magnet. I didn't find a Picasso painting. But I did have the chance to meet a really nice lady. That is always a great thing, when it ever happens.

Then with the good weather here. I made the decision to hit the remarkable beach, located here on South Padre Island. I drove Padre Blvd, north to it's end, and parked my car. The road ends about 7 miles from the end of the town. I then set out with my "Giant" mountain bike, heading north on the beach.

Again I packed a lunch to be enjoyed somewhere on the beach. I peddled up the beach for a while. Then found a piece of driftwood. This would be my perfect spot for me to consume my lunch. Again I used my micro camping stove to boil some water. My fuel for the stove on this trip is "Heat", which is automobile gas line antifreeze.

On the menu for this lunch to be enjoyed in Paradise was; Spring Vegetables & Thai Noodles, a little bit of dried beef, hot coffee, and a small packet of honey roasted peanuts for desert. After lunch I was ready to ride!

I again enjoyed the experience immensely. Having the chance to ride my mountain bike on the beach. With the Gulf of Mexico, as you constant companion. It is an totally euphoric experience. I have taken some pictures to try and relive and never forget riding the beach on South Padre Island.

I went back to the Point Isabel Lighthouse. To climb the 75 steps, and 3 short ladders to get to the top. To enjoy the view. Also I went back and enjoyed another great dinner at Blackbeard's. This time I enjoyed an all you can eat fried shrimp dinner. It again was delicious!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment