Monday, February 8, 2010

Rockport- On the Texas Gulf Coast








I did make it to Rockport today. It is located about 185 miles south-west of Houston. The drive took me about 4 hours to complete. The weather conditions remain good. However they are cooler then normal for this area.

I got settled in to my new accommodations. I am staying at Balboa Motel. I have to admit the room is very average. This may be the worst of my places to stay for the entire trip.

The good news is that Rockport is a very nice town. I have included some pictures from the drive, and some pictures of Rockport. I took out my Yukon "Giant" mountain bike for my first ride on it, today. The ride was excellent. Finding that bike was a great deal.

2 comments:

  1. Is it any worse than the place we stayed at in Finger Lakes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only this better about this dump was the price. Just $40 to stay in this place!

    ReplyDelete