Monday, February 22, 2010

The Birth Place of the State of Texas- San Antonio









It is really to bad that time travel doesn't exist. What a total thrill it would be. If all the men who died in the Alamo. Could travel though time, and see San Antonio as is exists today. What a magnificent city it is. I know they would all feel much better knowing. That there ultimate sacrifice, was not in vain.

I enjoyed another fantastic day today, on this trip. I planed to do a bike ride to the downtown part of the city, from my hotel. I was already to go, and as I rolled by bike out of my hotel room. I realized something was wrong. The front tire of the bike was completely flat. It is a huge advantage for a traveler to have computer access. Having my laptop computer with me on the trip. Allowed me to solve the problem right away. I looked up the closet bike shop to me. Which is "Bike World" located at 5911 Broadway. I went into the shop, and met Tim. Tim repaired the flat tire in no time. Also he gave me some great ideas for my riding today. Tim also provided me with a map of the city.

I did follow a lot of Tim's excellent advise. I rode from my hotel to Broadway. Then when I reached the Witte Museum. At that point I rode my bike into Brackenridge Park. I was feeling great by this point. Any bike rider will tell you the pleasure and freedom you feel from riding. A special feeling you get ever time. I continued on a very scenic ride into the downtown section of San Antonio.

I rode all over the downtown area. I finally stopped and had a break. When I found a Goodwill Store. No bargains found. But I enjoyed a nice lunch at a restaurant. That is located right beside the Goodwill. A tuna sandwich and a large drink for less then $5. That's a deal!

The ride back to hotel was also very special. I rode along the San Antonio River. Also know as the "River Walk". All the way back to Broadway. Then from there back to the hotel. It was a very special time! Thanks to Tim for all his help.

No comments:

Post a Comment