Friday, February 19, 2010

Made it to Laredo

I woke up early today. As it would be a travel day for me. I was leaving the Island sanctuary of South Padre Island, and heading back to join normal human society. Only because I have to.

This early morning on South Padre Island. The skies opened with a deluge of rain. So by leaving the island. I would try and escape the rain, and head to dryer condition. My destination today is the boarder city of "Laredo:, Texas. It would prove to be a 4 hour drive from South Padre Island to Laredo. The city of Laredo is located right on the Rio Grande. Which separates Mexico and the United States. The distance is about 178 miles to get to Laredo from South Padre Island. My GPS took my on a northern route. Then I turn west, and then south to arrive in Laredo. With GPS I found my accommodation, the Siesta Motel. The motel seems no thrills but adequate for my 2 day stay.

The weather forecast is very good for tomorrow. I have planed to spend the day biking in Lake Casa Blanca State Park. At night, they have a state of the art new Planetarium. Located at A & M University. The Planetarium is called "Tamiu".

I will hope for good things to happen tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment