Friday, February 26, 2010

The last day of Texas Trip 2010

I woke up at 7:20 for my final day of my winter trip to Texas in the year 2010. I enjoyed a very nice hostel pot luck breakfast. Which consisted of a can of strawberry nectar. Then I enjoyed my last Asia noodles for the main course. For desert I had a blueberry bagel, and a nice mug of hot coffee.

After breakfast, I set out to explore Austin. I found and went though 3 thrift stores. My bounty was two excellent t-shirts. Also I picked up a Lp by the "Waterboys" and the CD soundtrack from the movie "The 5th Element".

After that it was time for lunch, and a return visit to the Capital building in downtown Houston. I have to say that eating at the Cafeteria located in the Capital Building here in Austin is a great meal. Today's feast was Texas Barbecued beef, served with real mashed potatoes, and cooked vegetables. Also on the side was a nice portion of raw onion and garlic pickles, was a nice touch. I did also take the Capital Building tour again. This time I have most of it on video tape.

Then my next move was to seek out some rare and exciting Lp's to take home as souvenirs, of this trip. In the final Lp store that I visited, which is callled "Back Spin". I found success! I purchased 2 rare quad lp's. The artists are; Paul Simon and Carlos Santana. I also purchased a really nice audiophile Lp from excellent lady singer Emmy Lou Harris. I also purchased the soundtrack to the movie "Papillon".

Then I filled my car up with gas for the drive back to Houston tomorrow. I also purchased some stir fry steak. To cook for my final dinner during this vacation.

I am almost ready to do my final packing, and preparation for my return flight back to Toronto. I hope the trip going home, is a lot better then the trip was, coming down to Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment