Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Steets of Lardeo










This is full day to spend in old city of Lardeo. I was a little concerned when I arrived yesterday. For the main reason. That this is a boarder city with Mexico. The American government is having a serious problems trying to keep out illegal aliens from Mexico. Also allot of drugs and illegal weapons are smuggled in the U.S. from Mexico. Also this old city is predominately made up of Mexican Americans. Quite few of the people that I have met here. Cannot speak a word of English. This always put me at a serious disadvantage as I cannot speak a second language. I will always regret not ever learning a second language. For a person who enjoys to travel the world like me. It would be great to have linguistic talents. Or at least have a good travelling companion. That does.

My day was made up of 3 actives. In the morning. I toured the old historic part of downtown Ladredo. In the afternoon, I escaped into a beautiful city park, named Lake Casa Blanca International State Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment