Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Day Spent in Rockport













Well the weather has turned nasty in the U.S.A. Here in southern Texas the weather has turned abnormally cold for this time of the year. Today the high temperature is only going to be 51 degrees Fahrenheit. The normal temperatures should be in the mid 70's Fahrenheit. But were not complaining. After all I am on holidays. Also most of the U.S.A is receiving cooler then normal temperatures. Also most of the Eastern parts of the United States is socked in with blizzard like conditions.

So I am just going to stay relaxed and enjoy riding my bike today, and try and get some interesting pictures of Rockport.

There is a very nice DQ (Dairy Queen) restaurant located here in Rockport. Lucky for me, they offer free W-FI (Wireless Internet). Because the dump I am staying does not. To do a proper job to post to this blog. I need to keep the blog updated on a daily basis. Also the food is very good at DQ, compared to our locations in Canada. This is the nicest DQ location I have every been in. Maybe it is this way because it is located in a small community, compared to a large urban center. This location seems to be a popular meeting place with the locals.

Ii did take my bike out for a nice ride today. The weather would have been really nice today. However a very strong a chilly wind. Made riding my bike uncomfortable at times. But I love to ride, and also I need to exercise to prevent putting on any unwanted pounds.

Last night I had a light dinner at the local "Chili's" restaurant, located here in Rockport. I was disappointed. The food was alright, nothing to write home about. However the portion of the meal was minuscule, compared to most American restaurants who usually serve super sized meals. I order a cup of soup, and half a sandwich.

Tomorrow I leave for another coastal Texas town. This town is named "Port Aransas ", and is located about 14 miles from Rockport. Port Aransas is located on "Mustang Island", and actually lies right on The Gulf of Mexico.

Pictures are from top to the bottom;
first 4 pictures are of the Rockport DQ
next 3 are from Austin street (historic area)
last 5 are from the shoreline

4 comments:

  1. Port Arkansas, how is it pronounced?

    Why is Kansas pronounced "Cans Ass" and Arkansas "Are Can Saw"?

    Why not "Kan Saw" for Kansas and/or "Are Cans Ass" for Arkansas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The name is Port Aransas, I made the correction.

    ReplyDelete