Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Model of the Seige!









Today in San Antonio De Bexar. The weather turned from excellent to very bad. We were actually suppose to get some snow today. Luckily that did not happen. But we did get very rainy and cold weather.

So it was an excellent idea to do some inside actives. To avoid the elements. I started by perusing through an antique store. Lots of great thing to look at. But I did not make a purchase.

Then I went into the Riverside Mall. To escape the rain, and also to see an Imax movie. My choice of course was "The Alamo- The Cost of Freedom". I am visiting San Antonio, and do love reminiscing about famous events in history.

The movie was good. Although there are so many conflicting accounts of history, regarding the Alamo. Sometimes you have to go by instinct, and legend to figure out what really happened.

I they went on a 1 hour tour of the city of San Antonio. But before I got on the bus. I got some great photos of a scale model of "The Alamo" at the height of the final attack, March 6, 1836.

The tour was good. The sound system was poor on the bus. So it was tough to follow on the cometary from our guide. I got to see two of the original missions of San Antonio. They were Mission San Jose, and Mission Concepcion. Also we drove by the famous San Fernando Cathedral. Which was part of the story. Of the 13 day siege of the Alamo.

1 comment: