Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Burlington Bike-way








At the Gathering Inn. I met a very friendly Vermonter named Jerry. Jerry gave me a great tip for biking the Burlington Bike-way. Unknown to me. There is a long causeway. That extends well into Lake Champlain. Extending almost all the way to South Hero Island. There is a small gap in the causeway to allow the boats get through and continue there journey on the lake. In summer there is a ferry service that takes bikers across the gap to South Hero Island.

So I did it! I rode the Bike-way all the way from downtown Burlington to the Causeway. Then I rode the whole Causeway. It was very windy on the Causeway. But the ride in was a lot easier.

I then enjoyed the rest of the day. After showering and getting cleaned up. I enjoyed a nice dinner at the Vietnamese Bistro. The food was good. However the restaurant was packed. Being the holiday weekend. I then went to the "Black Crow" bookshop. Made a few interesting buys. Then went to "Ben and Jerry's for desert. And enjoyed some raspberry frozen yogurt . Somehow an amazing visit to Vermont. Would not be complete without enjoying a special frozen desert. The perfect icing on the cake!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment