Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Made it back, to Montpelier!












The weather today was overcast, with the threat of heavy rain showers. So I made the decision to take the day easy. So as a start. I headed up to Waitsfield. To check out a thrift store. I didn't find any treasure. However the owner was friendly. He let me know. That Waitsfield isn't very far from Montpelier, Vermont's Capital.

So I made the decision to again visit the charming little Capital Town of the Green Mountain State. Montpelier has the distinction of having the smallest population of any state capital in the United States. Montpelier population is only 8 thousand inhabitants. Vermont proves the principal. That size doesn't really matter. Not when it comes to Vermont!!!!!!!!

I first had lunch at the Coffee Cornor Diner. This place has been a popular place to eat in Montpelier for 50 years. However it is under new ownership. I didn't find the food as good as the last time I ate there. Also the service was poor. Maybe the new owners need time to iron out the wrinkles.

Only one used Lp shop can be found in Montpelier. I did purchased some interesting vinyl from there $1 bin. I picked up a 2 nice used books on Vermont. The rest of the time was devoted to Vermont's history. I did a quick tour threw the Vermont Historical Society. Then I went on the guided tour of Vermont's capital building. Our guide for the tour was a lady named Irene. I videotaped the tour on my camcorder.

I went for a hot drink. Before I hit the road to return back to to my accommodation in Warren. I stopped in Waitsfield for dinner. I enjoyed spaghetti and meatballs at the local pizza place. It was filling and good.

tomorrow I move down the road to the hamlet of Hancock, for two more days living right below the Green Mountains.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like Mayberry. I need to go there.

    ReplyDelete