Monday, October 4, 2010

Scenic Byway Route 5












Today was a perfect way start to Vermont trip number 5. The weather was turning very nice. Sunny skies and the high temperature around 63 degrees F.
My first move of the day. After I enjoyed a great breakfast at the "Polka Dot" Diner. I set out to see Quechee Gorge. A Vermont vacation would not be complete without witnessing the beauty of Quechee Gorge.
I had a short visit of Quchee Gorge after visiting the tourist Market that is located there. The weather was turning too nice to stay indoors today for very long.
So I turned back east, back to White River Junction. Which is only 7 miles away. To reach Route 5. Route 5 South is the scenic Byway hugging the Connecticut River. My plan wa to enjoy a scenic drive along route 5, until I reached the major Vermont city of Brattleboro.

It was a great plan. I enjoyed the whole day very much. I stoped and had a great lunch at the historic diner located in Bellows Falls, and then continued on to Brattleboro. I made several stops along the way. Enjoying the great weather and scenery.

Enjoy the pictures of I had included of some beautiful Vermont scenery along scenic Route 5.

1 comment:

  1. Nature, food, wine, cheese, and history, a pleasant combination.

    ReplyDelete