Friday, October 8, 2010

Route 100, The Green Road








After another very nice breakfast at the Warren General Store. I headed south to my new Vermont home, located in the hamlet of Hancock. It was no problem finding "The Gathering Place" as it is located right off of scenic road 100. Route 100, which I nicknamed the "Green Road" . Runs through the interior of Vermont. Located on the east side of the beautiful "Green Mountains". What a marvelous trip this has been. And it is not over yet.

I met the proprietors of "The Gathering Place" Rick and Kathleen. Both are very friendly, and made me feel welcome right away. The start of this day weather wise was off to a rough start. As it was pouring rain. I moved into my private room in this historic old Vermont home. Which I get to call home for a couple of days.

After getting settled in. I was off on my bike. By this time it was early afternoon, and I had decided to do a short bike ride. I rode south on Route 100 to the town of Rochester, which is 4 miles away from Hancock. I just continued about another 1 past Rochester. If you love Vermont the I do. Every breath you take. Every sight you enjoy. Makes you very thankful and happy. That you are alive, and you are in this wonderful place.

Dinner today was a very enjoyable experience. Kathleen had invited me to have dinner with Rick and there dinner guests, only charging me $3. It was a great vegetarian meal that Rick and Kathleen whipped up for dinner. I enjoyed the meal and the company very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment