Monday, June 4, 2012

Biking On Martha's Vineyard


After the exciting flight on Cape Air. To get me safely to the island of Martha's Vineyard. I found the friendly and well located "HI" Hostel here on the island. With the friendly help of a friendly lady named "Donnie". I was able to quickly arrange a decent bike for me to rent during my stay.

I rode my rented bike. To the town of Edgartown. There is an excellent bike path located on the island. It was a real pleasure riding my bike along the trail to Edgartown. The pleasure is worth all the pain. Which is another great Jimmy Buffett quote that is applicable here.

I hung out in Edgartown. The weather now was prefect! I found and purchased a cup of excellent clam chowder soup. Wait I wasn't done yet. I found a great coffee shop. Enjoyed a hot medium cup of "Joe", and an excellent blueberry muffin. Then I walked back to my parked rented bike. Rode out to see the lighthouse. Located in Edgartown. There are five historic lighthouses located on the island of Martha's Vineyard.

Then now rejuvenated by the cup of chowder, coffee and blueberry scone. I then biked the 7.5 miles back to the hostel. Now in a very relaxed frame of mind. I started to attempt to get all of the events of this amazing day. Down on paper.

































1 comment: