Saturday, June 2, 2012

Stranded in New York


My revised flight itinary as of June 3, 2012.

I am writing this post from a lonely motel room. Located somewhere in Queens New York City.
You see I got stranded today. This has never happened during all of my travels. However it occurred today. At about 12:30pm. There was an announcement over the public address system at JFK Airport. That my flight to Martha's Vineyard had been canceled. Due to high wind. That was swirling around the Cape Cod area, along with heavy rain.

So I was forced to spend the afternoon hanging around the Super 8 motel. Lucky for me. I did purchase travel insurance from Travel Guard. Apparently I will be reimbursed from Travel Guard for any expenses. Caused by the disruption of my itinerary. Due to the canceled Delta flight.

The plan is as of now. That I will be back at Kennedy Airport at 6am tomorrow morning. Delta Airlines has put me on a flight to Boston. Which leaves NYC at 8:15 am. Then at 11:30 am. I will fly on a Cape Air flight from Boston. To get me to Martha's Vineyard, by noon. You can't do anything about Mother's Nature loosing her temper. You just have to hope that she will be back to being the fine lady that she is. And will not hold any grudges.

I look forward to getting my travel plans back on track to tomorrow. The weather conditions here in New York City today were excellent. It has been a sunny and warm day. The high temperature about 26C.
I have added a few shots that I took. While being stranded in New York City. The highway shot is of The Van Wyck Express Way.














3 comments:

  1. You gotta, roll with the punches, play out all your hunches, make the best of what ever comes your way....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donny,

    Hope you are able to continue on with your planned itinerary this morning. If nature causes a further delay though it looks like you're not far away from a subway stop for the E Train which will take you into Manhattan.

    Then again, you're not too far up the road from Aqueduct ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you could go to the Coney Island museum in Brooklyn?

    ReplyDelete