Saturday, June 9, 2012

Moshup Beach







After arriving back at the "HI" youth hostel. I got all my belongings settled in. Then I made my plan for activities on Martha's Vineyard today.

I talked it over with "Donnie" the friendly lady manager of the hostel located here on the Vineyard. My decision was an easy one. I was just going to purchase a 1 day bus pass for $7. And just take my last day easy and relax. I went out to the bus stop and waiting there was a friendly lady named Lana. Lana was also heading out to the western end of the island. So for a short time. I enjoyed the pleasure of a enjoyable travel companion.

On arrival at "Gay Head". That is what the western end of Martha's Vineyard is named. I just knew I had made the right decision. It has to one of the best beaches located on "The Vineyard". There are multi colored cliffs overlooking the beach. Which gives it that special dramatic feel when you are on this beach.

The beach itself is named "Moshup Beach". I hung out for a time with Lana. I did attempt to swim in the 62 degree water. But it was a little too cold for my liking. So I just got a bit wet, and enjoyed more relaxing time at the beach.

I then wished Lana a good day. And set off to do my own thing. Lunch was my first task. I enjoyed a nice fried cod sandwich and fries. Then I went to explore the "Gay Head Lighthouse". As I really do enjoy visiting old lighthouses.

They were the classic GPS sytem of the pass. There were the only hope of preventing disasters from occurring on the high seas.















No comments:

Post a Comment