Saturday, June 2, 2012

J.F.K. "O.K."

Hello readers. My first post of this trip is going to be about JFK Airport located in New York City.
My day got off with a good start. Everything went find. I arrived at Kennedy Airport at 10 am. This is my 3rd trip passing through J.F.K. Airport. During all of my travels. We have to go all the way back to 1977. Which as it turns out was my first ride on a commercial jetliner. My first ever flight was a gift from my parents for my 11th birthday, in 1970. I received a ride in a Cessna 172. To experience what it feels like to fly. For the very first time.

During the winter of 1976-1977. My parents were wintering the horse racing stable in St. Lucie, Florida. I came down for a visit during winter vacation. I flew home solo. To go back to school. That flight consisted of flying from Ft. Lauderdale Airport on a American Airlines flight to J.F.K. Airport. Then I had to transfer to an Air Canada flight for flight back to Toronto. I was a wide eyed 17th year old. Just in awe of what JFK Airport looks like. Airplane everywhere. How exciting it all was. Taking all of that action in. I was so excited. That I almost missed my flight back to Toronto. You see JFK has 9 terminal buildings. So chances are. If you are changes flights and changing to a different airline. Then you also have to change to a different terminal building. I realized this with not much time to spare. To make it back to Toronto.

My second JFK experience was during my 1991 trip to Europe. I purposing made my way to Kennedy Airport. So I could fly Iceland Air. To enjoy there great service and cheap price for exploring Europe, for my third time.

Now here I am again. Using JFK airport as my transfer point. To get me to the islands of Cape Cod.

I have included some great pictures of Kennedy Airport, in this post.



1 comment:

  1. You got a Saudi 777, Turkish A330, Delta 737NG (in sky team livery!), and an American 767...

    Nice hunting!

    ReplyDelete