Wednesday, June 6, 2012

What A Beautiful Day!

Today has been a great day during this trip. It started with a good continental breakfast at the Nantucket Hostel. The weather today was excellent. Thank you Mother Nature for a fine job!

After seeing the bright sunshine in the sky. This was a real uplifting force. That got me in the mood to go a long bike ride. After I had short conversion with a young lady named Morgan. Who is one of the enthusiastic and helpful staff here at the Nantucket Hostel. My route was chosen. The route I cycled today on Nantucket Island. Was the Milestone Bike Path to the village of Sconset. Then after spending some time in the village. I cycled to see the old historic lighthouse. The Sanakaty Light was originally built in 1850. I do enjoy visiting old lighthouses.

Then I completed the Polpis Road bike trail which takes you back to the town of Nantucket. After I arrived back in Nantucket. I enjoyed a fried fish sandwich and waffle cut fries. Then I look around a little bit. Purchased some more groceries for my dinner tonight. Which will be lamb burgers and salad. I may also fry up some mushrooms.

Then I rode my bike back to the hostel. I did experience some light rain. But not a major problem. After returning back to the hostel. I was a bit tired after completing the 20 mile bike ride. I rested and got cleaned up. Then I went out to enjoy Surfside Beach. This has been one "Beautiful Day".

Thank you Morgan for your help!

Time to cook my dinner.


















The bottom picture is of Miss January on the left, and Miss Morgan on the right. Who do a great job looking after us travelers. Staying here at the "HI" Hostel located on the island of Nantucket.


















No comments:

Post a Comment