Monday, June 4, 2012

A Day & The Rain


















Today on my first full day to enjoy life on the island of Martha's Vineyard. Was a day filled with rain and damp and windy conditions. I must admit the weather on my trip to visit the islands of Cape Cod has been disappointing. But that cannot overlook. That are on vacation. You have no dead lines to keep. You are living life on your own time. So no real complaints from me. You just have to be learn how to stay resilient and to adapt to the problems thrown at you. The bottom line is your on vacation. So no matter what. Have a great time!

So this is what I did today. After a good breakfast at the hostel. I rode my rented bike to Cronig's Market. About a 2.5 mile trip. To purchase the food necessary to cook my dinner tonight. That included one steak, some mushrooms, 1 green pepper, 2 little containers of yogurt, 2 Honest Ade drinks and one small carton of orange juice.

Then I rode back to the hostel. Put my grub and drinks away, and took a break. At this point the weather conditions were starting to deteriorate. So I biked back to the airport. With the intentions of biking back to the town of Edgartown. Just prior to arriving back at Martha's Vineyard Airport. It started to rain. After locking up my bike. I went into the terminal building. To speak with the representatives of Cape Air. To try and get my departing time changed for my flight to Nantucket Island. Scheduled for tomorrow.

When I put this trip together. I booked a 7:40 flight time. Which in reality would mean. That I would miss the breakfast served by the hostel. I would have to use a taxi. Instead of paying a $1 for the bus. Also I would have to rush to get to the airport. Instead of just trying to stay in a relaxed frame of mind. The ladies that I found behind working behind the counter for Cape Air. Were both very friendly and helpful to me. There were happy and bale to change my flight time tomorrow. From the original 7:40 am time to 10:10 am. That was a problem solved. Some mistakes can be corrected. If you try to fix them.

At this point it was getting close to lunch time. The rain was coming down. So I came up with a decent game plan. Which was to enjoy my lunch right here at the airport. The restaurant located at the Martha's Vineyard Airport is named "Plane View". For a good reason. Also the food and prices were both decent. I enjoyed a generous plate of of American Chop Suey. Also this dish is more familiar with us Canadian as Beefaroni. The meal was enjoyed. Also the views of the Air Planes were also enjoyed.

I then decided to end riding my bike on this day. As the rain was continuing. Also it was get damp as windy as well. So I took the bus back into Edgartown. I shopped in a "used" goods store. No treasure to be had. But I did purchase a neat book on great bike rides in San Francisco.

After my short visit back in Edgartown. I then took the bus to visit the town of Oak Bluffs. The weather conditions in Oak Bluffs were even more nasty then they were in Edgartown. So I hoped onto the first bus I found. That was heading back to the airport. When I arrived back the airport I unlocked my rented bike. Then waited about 25 minutes util the #6 bus arrived to take me back to the hostel. My bike was also transported by the bus. As like all city buses. They are equiped with a front rack to carry up to 3 bikes.

The rest of this day has been spent just relaxing at the hostel. Which included cooking an enjoying my steak dinner, and writing the post for the Travel Wolfe blog. Next stop. The island of Nantucket.

No comments:

Post a Comment