Friday, June 8, 2012

Madaket to Bartlett's Farm

Today is my last day to spend on the island of Nantucket. It has been another very enjoyable day to spend on this beautiful island.

I have to admit the charm of this island has gotten into my blood. Lot's of history and beautiful scenery everywhere. Always will keep you in a relaxed frame of mind.

Today on my agenda was to ride out to visit the village of "Madaket". Located on the western tip of Nantucket. The ride went well and was enjoyed! The weather was misty on the ocean coast. When I set out from the hostel located close to Surfside Beach.

Then after riding my bike inland a little bit. The skies cleared and enjoyed sunny weather all the way out to Madaket. When I arrived at the village of Madaket. The same misty fogy conditions were prevalent. I purchased a cool juice rink at the local small market, and was content to just hang out on the misty ocean beach. The mist created a very surreal felling combined with the sounds of the ocean.

Then I started to ride with the support of my Garmin GPS. To find and visit Barlett's Farm. This Nantucket institution has been a family farm on Nantucket Island. Since the early 1800's. They still produce fresh fruit and vegetables for the island resident's. Plus they offer an upscale market selling fresh food and produce. Plus fresh cooked and prepared food.

I enjoyed a fresh turkey club sandwich. With a nice bowel of clam chowder. My meal was delicious. I then purchased some provisions for my dinner tonight. The main course being free range, organic, skinless and boneless chicken breasts. I will let you know how dinner turns out.

Then I rode back to the hostel. It is located about 2 miles away from Barlett's Farm. I was happy to have the help of the GPS to help guide me back to the hostel. As the streets are poorly marked here on Nantucket. Time to start cooking dinner.































No comments:

Post a Comment