Thursday, June 14, 2012

Kid In A Candy Store!

My trip to visit the islands of Cape Cod is over. But the great memories from this trip. Will stay with me always. That is the objective when you travel. To try and create those special moments that could not possibly occur. If you just stayed at home.

The title of this post comes from a travel friend I met in 2008. During my trip to Arizona. I was in the mountain city of Flagstaff. I met a friendly fellow traveler, from Spokane Washington. Who was telling me about the joy that was achieved. When he goes mountain biking at a place called Moab. Located in the state of Utah. This friend told me. When he goes biking at Moab. "He feels like a kid in a candy store". That comment describes how much fun traveling to a beautiful or exotic location can be.

I enjoyed being on both islands. During my recent trip. Martha's Vineyard is lush and green. Also it has it's shares of beautiful beaches. I will remember the special time being on Moshup Beach. Located in the "Gay Head" area of the island. I will remember the pleasure of strolling thorough the streets of Edgartown. The biking around the Vineyard is also a special memory.

Visiting Nantucket was also very special. I lived close to a great beach named "Surfside". Biking to the village of Sconset was special. And I did it twice! Being on the misty beach located on Madakat was unforgettable. The historic town of Nantucket is a living museum. A chance to enjoy a time. From many years ago. I just love having the chance to live that. Going out to try and visit the Great Point Lighthouse was special. I didn't get to visit the lighthouse. However being out on that beach on that day was truly amazing!

On this trip I would like to thank the helpful and friendly staff at the "HI" hostels located on Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. Without the support and help of these great places and there staff. This trip would not of been possible.

I would like to thank Delta Airlines. When after this trip got off to a rough start. As my flight to Martha's Vineyard from New York City was canceled due to bad weather. Delta arranged for me to get the place I really wanted to go!

Also a special thanks to "Cape Air". This great regional airlines. Does a super job. There service is professional friendly and relaxed. I truly enjoyed the 3 times I got to fly with "Cape Air" during this trip. You really were my wings!!!!

Where will I go from here. I not really sure. I certainly hope to keep traveling and enjoying life my way. As I long as I can. My philosophy is simple. Never stop dreaming. To make good things happen. Never stop trying to be. The kid let loose in the Candy Store!!!!






The pictures are; the logo of "Cape Air", me on Great Point Beach Nantucket, me at Edgartown Lighthouse Martha's Vineyard. The "HI" hostel on Martha's Vineyard, and the "HI" hostel on Nantucket Island.




No comments:

Post a Comment