Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Welcome! To Nantucket!




Hello and welcome to the island of Nantucket. I must say I am very impressed with this tiny island escape. That is totally away from the rest of the real world.

Just take a look at the pictures of my first impressions. Then you will have an idea what I am talking about.

After arriving on Nantucket. I took at taxi to the hostel, from the airport. Which will be the place that I get to call home for the next 4 days. Then my next move was to rent a bike. So I would have transportation to see. What makes Nantucket that special place to be.
After receiving my rented bike from "Easy Riders" bike rentals. I rode the bike into town to have a look around. You can't help but fall in love with being here. In the town of Nantucket. The charm of all the well preserved historic buildings. Also the cobblestone streets. That give the town of Nantucket that old world feeling.

I enjoyed an excellent lunch at a popular restaurant in town, named "The Brotherhood of Thieves. An awesome turkey burger. That was quality all the way. This turkey hamburger was the best. I have ever enjoyed!

Then I did a walk about town. To enjoy the sights and sound of the town. Just to take it all in. Also they did have a thrift store in town. I did check it out. But there was no treasure to be found. However the searching will always be. Part of the fun. In the treasure hunting game!

Then I purchased some provisions at the local market. To tie me over for a few days. I then walked back to my bike. That was parked in front of the "The Brotherhood of Thieves". To ride back to the hostel. This is about a 3 1/2 mile ride. Now it is time to update this blog. Also to check into the hostel for my 4 day stay.
Enjoy the pictures of a fantastic place. The place they call "Nantucket".



















No comments:

Post a Comment