Sunday, January 11, 2015

Like An Old Friend- "Old Amsterdam"




On Friday January 9. Peter and I set for a day trip to visit a James Bond exhibit in the city of Rotterdam. Displaying original costumes and artifacts from the production of the movies. The first James Bond movie "Dr. No" made in 1962. The character super British secret agent 007 James Bond was created by writer Ian Fleming in 1953. In 1962 EON Productions owned by Harry Saltzman and Albert R. "Cubby" Broccoli started the release of the James Bond feature films.
Peter and I watched a documentary movie during our visit to the expo on the history of making the James Bond movies. Which was enjoyed! I have no pictures from the expo as we were not allowed to take any photographs. Here is part 1 on You Tube; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEG_SzuG05Q

On the 10th of January. Peter and I set out for a visit to Amsterdam. I have visited Amsterdam on all of my visits to spend holiday time spent in the Netherlands. We went to visit two museums during our day trip today. The first was a science center called "Nemo". This museum is really a place just suitable for young children to visit. Peter and I spent some time there. As the weather at this point in the day was very windy and rainy.

The second museum we went to visit was a much more important experience. Verzetsmuseum (Dutch Resistance Museum). Documents the story on life in the Netherlands after Nazi Germany invaded in the Summer of 1940. Also how the Dutch people successfully showed organized resistance to the military invasion and occupation during World War II.

On this post I have also included some pictures I took. While Peter took me on a small walking tour in the Jordaan neighborhood of Amsterdam. We enjoyed a very nice dinner in one of the local restaurants.










No comments:

Post a Comment