Friday, January 16, 2015

Walking The Streets of Rome


Today was a big walking day for me on my visit to Rome! Trying to enjoy all the sights and history that Rome has to offer. No sitting at home and drinking beer for this guy. I'm determined to enjoy living all I can.

As much as I'm enjoying my holiday in Rome. It is proving not to be my favorite European City. York and Bath in England still remain two of my personal favorites. Yes there is lots to see and do here. But the city is a crowded mess. Even worse then Toronto. Just imagine that! It lacks the beautiful green space that Bath, York and London all have. Also in Amsterdam you can walk along the many canals, and find some peace of mind. Where you can just hide away from the nightmare of human life if you choose to. Here in Rome there is almost no escape. The one exception is walking right at water level, on the Tiber River. However being a bike rider. I would prefer riding instead of walking. Shops everywhere and crowded with wall to wall tourists. The roads are constantly full of cars. With no parking spaces ever available. I would hate to be here during peak tourist season when it is 90 degrees everyday, and even more crowded.

Saying all of this. I did escape for awhile on some of the narrow and winding streets that Rome is famous for. I have included some photos of that enjoyable experience from today.






No comments:

Post a Comment