Saturday, January 24, 2015

Taormina, Sicily


I arrived today in the village of Taormina, Sicily! This meeting between Taormina and the "Travel Wolfe" is due to my imagination and a friendly fellow traveler, named Philip. Who I met last fall at the Gathering Inn located in Hancock, Vermont. When I told Philip that I was planing a winter European vacation to Italy and to the island of Sicily. Philip advised me that I had to visit the village of Taormina. Always remember one of my favorite philosophies. When you are given good advise. You will know almost immediately when you have been given it! Then always follow it!!! There will almost always be a very positive outcome when you do!

Taorminia, Sicily is one of those places. That you want to believe really exists. But for the most part you feel. That it is really just part of an imaginary world. That doesn't really have any chance of being real. However today is one of those special days. That makes all of the effort and money you put into going on a trip. Really worth it! I made the decision to stay and call the village of Taormina, Sicily my home for the remainder of this trip. The beauty of this village is beyond description. It is actually built on a cliff overlooking the Ionian Sea, on the eastern coast of Sicily. The view of the water is breathtaking. Also looming to the west of Taormina is Mt Etna. The most active volcano located in Europe. I hope to bring home some outstanding memories during my visit to Taormina!







Thank you Philip!

No comments:

Post a Comment