Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Mt. Etna!


It has been a great trip. But I have had to endure some very inclement weather. Lots of rain and damp weather has been my nemesis! However you have to take what is thrown your way and still always try hard to enjoy a good time!
Because of the poor weather conditions during my days spent visiting Sicily. I have had a difficult time trying to photograph Mt. Etna. I just had to bring home some photos of this prestigious volcano.

Here is some information on Mt. Etna and my photos I managed to take today. Mt. Etna is the tallest active volcano located on European soil at 3329.6 m or 10,924 ft. Mt. Etna is the highest mountain in Italy south of the Alps. Mt. Etna is almost in a constant state of activity making this volacano one of the most active volcanoes in the world.

video showing a Mt. Etna past eruption. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fck2kASYkA




Some more photos of Mt. Etna! The first one is getting close to the city of Catania. The second photo was taken from Catania International Airport. Both photos were taken on January 29, 2015.


No comments:

Post a Comment