Tuesday, February 10, 2009

And The Rain Came!





Today is just one of those days you wish never happens, during a vacation. It has poured rain all day here in Brussels, Belgium. The good news is, that my new accommodations for my second night in Brussels, looks very good. The place is called the Hello Hostel.

My plan for today was to see some museums as I purchased a public transit pass. It was cheap, it only cost 4.50 Euros for the day. I made and effort to see the Belgium military museum. However it was closed when I arrived. It was disappointing as I made a valiant effort to get there walking through a cold damp rain all the way. I very lucky that I have my North Face jacket, and waterproof hiking boots. They have been very reliable traveling companions. My sincere thanks to both for a great job, well done.

I savaged the day by venturing out to have an intimate look at the Atonium. This one of kind structure was built by Belgium when this very nice country, hosted the World Fair in 1958. The Atonium remains the symbol and pride of this country. The building of the Atomium proves, what can be achieved when people work together for a successful purpose. Sadly the upper sphere was closed for public viewing. However I did enjoy my time inside the Atonium. I enjoyed a nice pizza for dinner. The restaurant was very close to the Hello Hostel. Which worked out well. I had to try and regain my strength and get over this terribule day of bad weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment