Sunday, February 22, 2009

Wanda and Barry!





Today started with a walk through Hyde Park. All the London parks are very impressive indeed. I had arranged to meet with Wanda, and her mate Barry at 12:15. I met them at the entrance to the Earl's Court station. It was great to finally meet them. We first went out for a coffee. I had a tea.

Then they treated me to a meal at a pub, near the station. The company was great. However the food and service was a big disappointment. Not really up to London standards.

I then went out to see the transit museum. I didn't go in though. Because they charge 10 pounds admission, and all the rest of the museum in London are free of charge. I am very interested in the history of the tube, and may purchase a book. Before I go home.

I was back cooking my dinner at the hostel again. This time it was fillet of fresh Norwegian salmon, served with fresh asparagus. I will have to add this one to the recipe book.

I finished the day by going to Leicester Square, and purchasing a ticket to see Jerry Boys on Wednesday night, and We Will Rock You on Thursday night.

2 comments:

  1. What did you have to eat at the pub?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had roast beef. Eating out on London, can be a expensive mistake!

    Donny

    ReplyDelete