Sunday, February 8, 2009

Who likes bikes, besides me?



































































Today was a good day for the first full day of my holiday. Peter and I went to see the bike museum loacted in the town of NIJMEGEN, located in the Netherlands.

I had never been to visit that Dutch city before. It is always an adventure when you go to visit a new place. The bike museum is called "Velorama". It is the best bike museum in the world. It is located in the right country, because almost all Dutch people take advantage of this natural and fun mode of transportation. I have included some pictures that show the quailty of this fantastic collection. Which shows the bicycle in it's earlist forms, and takes you right up to the present.

Before we started the trip back to Peter's home. We stoped at a Canadian war cemetary, so I could pay my respects to some of the brave Canadians who gave the ultimate sacrefice , in the name of freedom.

On the way back home to the town of Best. Peter and I stoped and had an excellent steak dinner. While we passed through Germany on the way back to Best.

Tomorrow morning I leave for my visit to Belgium.

No comments:

Post a Comment