Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Walk Like a Man!












Today after breakfast I was full of energy and decided to go for a walk. Now you may ask yourself. Why would a mailman on holidays go for a long walk?

Well the answer is simple. I believe that proper exercise is an important part of an enjoyable lifestyle. Exercise will keep you feeling and looking younger, longer. If I just decided to relax and do nothing during my 3 week vacation. I would blow up like a balloon, and I would be in poor condition to go back, and attempt to deliver my 5 and 3/4 mile mail route on a daily basis.

So I set out from the Court Hostel and started to walk. First down Earl's Court Road, to find the local library. That is located on Brompton ROad. Libraries are very good for budget travelers. Why, because they offer free Internet use in a proper environment. There are lots of Internet cafes here in London, and the cost is cheap. Only £1 per hour. But free and the peace and quiet of a library is better. The London library was very nice. They issued me a library card, and they reserved Internet time for me, at 4PM.

After I found the library. I didn't look back. I kept going. The final destination was Royal Albert Hall. I have no idea how far I walked, but I did enjoyed it. I was happy that the box office was open, when I arrived. So I was able to pick up my ticket for the opera "Carmen", on Friday night.

I went back to Wong Kei for lunch. I ordered pork noodle soup for lunch this time. It was good. But the restaurant that I like in Toronto is better. After lunch I went to see the Houses of Parliament on the River Thames. I walked across Westminster Bridge. I thought about going on the London Eye. Which is a huge Farris wheel. But I decided to pass on that. The cost is 15 British pounds.

I came back to the hostel to have a rest, and to do my Internet. After that I went to Sainbury's and purchased some ground lamb for dinner. I enjoyed the freshly made dinner very much.

The show I went to see was the Jersey Boys. It was a fantastic show. The tittle of this posting reflects one of this very popular and successful music groups, best songs. I have never had so much enjoyment going to live theater. The music was outstanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment