Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Museums by Day, Theatre by Night!







Everyday seems to keep getting better, during my London stay. The weather is holding well. Not very cold, and very little precipitation. I did a little shopping after breakfast this morning. I purchased a rare 3 inch CD of "R.E.M., and it is new. Something that is rare for me, to buy something that is still in new condition.

After the shopping I went back to Leicester Square to purchase another theater ticket for tonight. I am going to see the live show"Chicago" tonight. After I purchased the ticket I went to try some lunch in Chinatown. I tried a restaurant that Gary Flower recommended. The restaurant is called "Wong Kei" and is located on Wardour Street. The food was good. I had chicken and sweet corn soup, and the main course was Singapore noddles. The food was good and cheap, it only set me back £4.40.

Then I was off to see the Science museum. It is a very impressive place. Lots to see and do there. They also have a great section on aviation. I will go back to this museum again, if I can find the time and the energy.

In the aviation part of the museum. They of course had a Spitfire and a Hurricane. Both airplanes did see active service during World War 2. They also had a very impressive collection of aviation engines. Most of the fantastic museums they have here in London are free. This does help with budget travelers. That are trying hard to have a great time, during there vacation spent here. It is very easy to go through a fortune a day, if your aren't careful.

For dinner I prepared a nice steak dinner for myself at the hostel. I served fresh English salad for an appetizer. I served hot mixed vegetables with the steak. I have eaten very well during my holiday. I enjoy shopping at the near by Sainsbury's store. The quality and prices are very good.

The second live theater show in London was also very enjoyable. Chicago was a very sexy, lively musical. With lots of difficult and demanding dance routines, preformed well by the talented cast.

No comments:

Post a Comment