Monday, February 9, 2009

Brussels, the Capital!













Today I arrived in the capital of Belgium, and the capital of the European Union, which of course is Brussels. I found a great hostel to stay, within walking distance of the train station. To my surprise the hostel was really busy. I was lucky to get a reservation for tonight, and to stay in Brussels one more day, which is my plan. I must change to a different hostel after breakfast tomorrow morning.

My first day was a return visit to see Grand Place. I did visit Brussels for one day during my 1991 trip. It is an above average city to visit an to explore. I had a very good Thai lunch, and had a decent dinner at the hostel. I also enjoyed a chocolate waffle, and a croissant to give me the energy to do my walking tour today. Tomorrow I will try and stay underground, and inside as much as possible, as it is suppose to rain here all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment