Saturday, February 7, 2009

I made it, and it feels great to be back!
















My first day of my trip has gone without a hitch. I completed my usually good packing job, and brother John droped me off at Pearson Airport on time. It is always a good idea to get to the airport early when you are flying on an international flight. Because of the more severe security measures that are in use at the aiports. Arriving early at the airport, 3 hours ahead of the flight time is a very good idea.

It was no trouble getting my 2 bags check in by the KLM staff, and I was through the airport security in a flash. I had a chance to purchase some ice wine to take for my friends in Holland, and relax before the filght. "Hardian's Wall" was the KLM Boeing 777, was my transport back to Europe, and not "Mount Kilimanjaro".

The flight left on time, and went without any problem. It was a real change actually being served food and bevarges free of charge, and actually being treated well, by the very friendly and professional KLM cabin crew. I can get use to this. It is always fun to visit better days from the past.

KLM flight 692 landed at 6:45 Dutch time at Schipol Airport. I made it back to Europe for the 7th time in my travelling career! And it feels so great to be back! I got my bags quickly, and purchased by train ticket to Best. The cost was 18 Euros for a second class ticket. I had time to call Peter, and let hime know that I was arrving at 9:15 at Best. The train was 5 minutes late. As I arrived in "Best"at 9:20. My great freind Peter V/D W. was there to greet me.

It was now time to settle back into European life, and really get into holiday mode, and try and get over the Jet Lag, which is caused my travelling into another time zone. Your body has to make the adjustment. It usually takes a day for the body to catch up to your spirit.

After some light breakfest at Peter's place, and a chance to have a snooze. Peter and I went to vist with his family in the afternoon. It was his sister inlaw Corine's birthday. It was good to meet her, and Peter's brother Henry. It was also great to see Peter's sister's Margriet and Ans.

I had the pleasure of preparing dinner tonight; which consited of one of my famous stir-fries. This one was called ""The "Best". Chicken Teriyaki" ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment