Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Brugge, Belgium, My Kind Of Town

Everything went well, for my move to Brugge. I woke up from a comfortable night sleep. I had time for some cereal, and a coffee at the Hello Hostel. This hostel is in a very good location, being only 3 minutes from a Metro stop. Also the people running the place are very nice. That is all that I'm going to say about that.

I arrived at the main Brussels train station just after 9 Am. My train for Brugge left at 9:27. I arrived in Brugge at around 10:30. It was a short walk from the train station to the Lybeer Hostel. This place is like staying at the Waldorf, compared to the Hello Hostel. I got settled in to my new digs, and set out to get reacquainted with one of the treasures of Europe, Brugge.

Today is Wednesday, and I was in luck. The farmers market was set up in the town square. It was great to see all that fantastic food. This did a lot, building up my appetite for lunch. I did enjoy a very nice, ham and cheese submarine sandwich, done European style. It was great!

My treat for the day was doing the tour of the last remaining brewery, located in Brugge. When you think of beer, automatically people think of Germany and England, for brewing the best beer in the world. Well people guess again, because your all wrong. Nobody does it better then Belgium, for beer. Nobody!!!!!!! The tour was interesting, and they included a quality glass of Brugge Beer after the tour.

Before the tour began, I met a very nice fellow Canadian, named Kelsey. It was nice meeting her, and having the chance to enjoy her company for dinner. Our dinner was enjoyed at a small Italian eatery called Pasta Maria, located very close to the Lybeer Hostel. Kelsey enjoyed her first European pizza, and I enjoyed a very nice pasta dish for my dinner. Kelsey and I each enjoyed a beer, and the cost of our dinner was only 11.50 Euros. It is not rare that after enjoying a meal in Europe. You will think to yourself. "Wow, that was excellent food" It is rare that you will think to yourself, "Wow what a great deal". Also not rare is, you will always get the chance to meet nice and interesting people, when you travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment