Thursday, February 26, 2009

Regent's Park






This day started with another walk. This time through Regent's Park. I think everyone living in London would go completely mad, if wasn't for there beautiful parks. Yes the city of London does possess some of the most beautiful city green spaces in the world.

I took the tube to St. John Woods tube station and walked to to Regents Park from there. I then walked through the park to the Baker Street tube station. I passed right by Madam Tussuad's wax museum. Again I thought about going in. However the £20 admission fee defiantly persuaded me to again take a pass. I have decided to put my hard earned money into to enjoying the theater experience here in London. You can't do everything here. Unless your last name is Rockefeller, and money is no object. Because you could easily spend over $300 a day here if you don't hold yourself to a budget. London is one of the most expensive cites in the world to live or visit. It forces you to be frugal and patient.

I found a great place for lunch to today. It was a sandwich shop. Located near Trafalgar Square. The lady who greeted me. When I entered the eatery, was very pleasant and nice. That is always a good sign when you enter a restaurant. Also it was busy, with a lot of locals. Which is also a very positive sign. The lunch was excellent. I enjoyed a very nice chicken pasta dish, served with fresh Parmesan cheese for only £5. I call that a major victory for eating out in London.

After lunch I checked out the Natural History museum. I enjoyed what I had the time and energy to see. Then I retreated back to the hostel to recharge my batteries. Tonight I'm off to the theatre again. This time I will see. I Will Rock You, a story based of the rock band "Queen"

No comments:

Post a Comment