Sunday, February 22, 2009

Watership Down

Today was a great day for my first full day in London. I started by heading out after breakfast, to visit the famous Portobello Road street market. The weather was good. I took the tube up to the Nothing Hill Gate station. From there I walked to Portobello Road. The market overall was a disappointment. I didn't buy anything. But I did enjoy a pleasant walk, and did some looking. It doesn't cost anything to look.

Then at 1:30 I met Stephen C., Colin's brother, and Keith's uncle, at the tube station, located at East Putney. Stephen and I had a great afternoon together. Stephen took me out on a long drive to visit the village of "King's Clear". This is the village where his mother lives. I must say it was fantastic to be out in the English countryside again. It is a very special place to be. Stephen brought out a picnic lunch and we enjoyed our meal at Watership Down. This is the place where author Richard Adams, based his famous novel on.

The day was over not yet. I also met a very nice lady, named Marion, who is a good friend of Stephen's mother. She is a neighbor. The three of us went on a walk about. We also had the chance to see the training area for a huge and successful horse racing stable. It was very impressive to see.

We then enjoyed tea, at the Marion's home, and then Steven drove me back to London. We finished the day off by enjoying fish and chips for dinner. It was very good. But to my shock! There was no ginger beer. Can you believe it Grommit, no ginger beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment